- First, the entire family got sick. It was book-ended with two middle of the night vomiting episodes Tuesday and Friday nights. And in between my husband and I were trying to go through the motions while not feeling very well. Unfortunately, I've been doing A LOT of laundry. Yuck.
- I don't know what the deal is with these IVF meds, but after reading about triedandtrying's near disaster with her prescriptions, I followed up on my prescriptions and found out that the mail order pharmacy never received them. The nurse told me that they must have been sent to a local pharmacy by mistake, but when I called them, they had no record of it either. I made a few calls and ended up getting it switched to the local specialty pharmacy and picked everything up on Friday afternoon, so I'm good to go tomorrow night for day 1 of Lupron.
- The IVF Orientation was fine, although I was not feeling well. Good thing I have enough experience with the needles; otherwise, I might have had more than one reason for my unsettled stomach! And I didn't get a chance to use the orange. Boo. The nurse who taught the class was okay, but she really asserted her opinion on exercise. She told the group that her advice is to back off exercise as soon as you decide to do IVF. That really bothered me. I just don't understand how and why doctors and nurses have such different advice on the same topic.
Onward and upward. Lupron starts tomorrow night and my last day of BCPs is Friday. I'm getting antsy and wish this cycle were shorter, but I guess in the long run a few days here and there is not a big deal. I'm just ready to get the show on the road, but I'm sure that in two weeks when I start stimming, I will be nervous. I just need to remember to take one day at a time....


Wow - I'm glad I detailed my ongoing attempts to get my prescriptions filled. I hoped maybe it would help someone (I was taken off guard by it!), and I'm glad it did. I'm also glad you got yours in time! I still don't understand why it's so complicated.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the lupron tomorrow night!
Once you start time will fly!!! Good luck with the lupron!
ReplyDeleteYes, I agree, once you start meds all of a sudden time just flies by and before you know it, it's retrieval day! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear no one was feeling well! Yuck! I've been keeping my figers crossed that I don't get sick during any of my IVF / FET cycles. I think my RE cancels cycles when his patients are sick.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you were proactive and checked on your meds. I've had nightmares with pharmacies sending me EMPTY coolers. Well, they were empty except for the ice packs.