I got the cryo report yesterday. 7 embryos made it to blast (6 on day 5, one on day 6) and were biopsied, frozen, and the samples were shipped to the lab yesterday. My contact from the lab emailed today. She had the instructions wrong...they thought I was going to do another fresh cycle and wanted to test the samples from both batches at once. We got it straightened out and they will run the tests at their leisure.
So now we wait for the results.
And we wait for AF...
So that I can wait for another (probably 6 week) cycle while my body heals.
And then, if I have at least one normal embryo, only then do I finally get to the point that I have been waiting for ever since I miscarried three months ago...the chance to be pregnant again.
In the meantime, I am in a very comfortable place. The initial disappointment of this long drawn out process has been more than made up for by something that puts me completely at ease: a plan. Even before my WTF appointment with my RE, I knew that we would likely not do a fresh transfer. Having this plan has allowed me to plan. And that makes me happy.
I do not need to be available for any appointments at the clinic until mid-June at the earliest, so this is the perfect opportunity for us to take advantage of the freedom. We are heading down to southern California this weekend to visit the happiest place on earth for a few days. And then we're trying to schedule a diving trip the second week of June. I hope that works out, but I'm not sure if it will happen.... It's nice to have a lot to look forward to and to plan for things that I wouldn't be able to do if I were pregnant.
I'm sure the time will fly and before I know it, I will be in the two week wait...then time will stop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 chances for a healthy embryo- that's great! Enjoy your time off and take care of yourself while you are waiting for the results. Diving and taking trips are great things to do to stay busy!
ReplyDeleteI was screamming when I saw the words "biopsy at their lesiure" but I suppose given the time frame it's not as crucial, but still sooner rather than later would be nice to know...I'm glad to hear you have some great plans to pass the
ReplyDelete*time*
ReplyDeleteGlad you get a trip this weekend! Hope it's wonderful!
ReplyDeleteHave fun in Disneyland. Hope your embabies test well and time flies by to your transfer.
ReplyDeleteI replied to your email, thanks for your insightful message!
ReplyDeleteOh Disneyland! I've been reminiscing about our last trip to Disneyland. It was so much fun. Hope you had a great time!
ReplyDelete