Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Does IVF Cause Menopause?

Seriously...it seems as though the IVF sucked the last remaining eggs out of my ovaries and left my body with no need to have a period!  Today is CD48 and there is no sign of the end of this cycle.  Not fun!  With any luck, returning from my blogging hiatus will be the magical wave of the wand that my body has been waiting for in order to start a new cycle.

So yes, I'm alive.  The last several weeks have been relatively blah.  They have been filled with the usual trio: too much work, too much stress, and not enough sleep.  It's no wonder why my body is going on strike.  This certainly is not the recipe for getting pregnant.

Life has gone on in ways that once again make me take pause and realize that I have been on the TTC train for too long.  My younger daughter had a breakthrough, and as of Saturday, is out of diapers.  This is a big milestone.  When I think about the family that I am trying to build, it makes me sad that I am not in the typical rush to get the toddler potty trained before a new baby arrives.  Instead, I am here wondering whether I will have the opportunity to have a child in diapers again.  

Hopefully AF will arrive soon so that I can feel like I am working towards a direction, one way or another.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your daughter is out of diapers!!! It's nice to focus on the positive things!

    ReplyDelete