Sunday, August 4, 2013

Beta #2

We're back safely from our vacation (it was fabulous!) and have a few days of work before we head up to Lake Tahoe for a long weekend with my husband's family.  I can't really afford the time off, so I'll work a half day Thursday and all day Friday, but will at least be able to enjoy the family time in the evenings, and Saturday.

As planned, I went back to the lab Thursday afternoon for Beta #2.  It came back at 2100.  Nice!  I will save my comments on my fear of twins for another day.

My ultrasound is currently scheduled for the 15th.  I will obviously be looking forward to that day to find out what's going on.  When I was pregnant back in January, everything looked good, but my RE commented that the sac was on the low end of normal...nothing to be concerned about just yet, but something to watch.  This time around it won't be good enough to see a heartbeat; I will be paying close attention to the measurements as well.

Until then, I am not going to worry.  Or at least I'm going to try.  I know there's really nothing I can do, so I'm going to do my best to be normal.  Of course I'm will wondering whether there's anything that makes an IVF pregnancy more "fragile" than a spontaneous one, but I'm going to assume the answer is no and carry on with my current exercise schedule.  It keeps any nausea at bay so it's kind of critical.

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic 2nd beta number!! Only 10 more days till your u/s. I will be praying for you that everything looks perfect this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome second beta! My fingers are crossed that your ultrasound will show that everything looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete