It's one day at a time over here...again! The bleeding episode ended as quickly as it started and I am very thankful for that. I took it easy and only went for a walk Wednesday and Thursday, and resumed running yesterday and today. So far there have been no ill effects.
However, I have to say that the bleeding has definitely put us on edge. I will be 11 weeks tomorrow and I have only told two people: one friend who called a couple of weeks ago and asked whether we were still considering another child (crazily, I told the WHOLE story. It's so unlike me, but then again, she's a friend that I've known since first grade, so if there's anyone I can trust, it's someone I've known for 34 years.). The second person was a designer who came in the other day to give us some ideas on our house. We currently are poorly set up for a family of 5, so I thought it was important that he know why our goals are what they are.
I have an appointment with my OB a week from Monday, so maybe I'll feel more comfortable then, or perhaps I will wait until the end of that week when I have my NT scan. I wish I could tell my parents, but it's just not time. For now, I will continue to suck in my stomach whenever I see them.
I just can't get over the idea that it's entirely possible that the baby has died, but my body hasn't realized it yet. So for now, I stay quiet, hope for the best, and try to hold off on moving up my appointment for next Monday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Ugh. Isn't the uncertainty the worst? I sit here this morning at 19 weeks thinking about how I don't FEEL pregnant today. My stomach doesn't feel big, I have no flutterings.... Icwishxwe could just relax and enjoy the ride, but it's near impossible when we have experienced heartbreaking loss. I'm hopeful for us both! Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking about you a lot! Hope everything is okay. I've seen you commenting in a few other blogs, so thought I would pop over and say hello and check in.
ReplyDelete