Thursday, December 3, 2009

Normal

It's Friday morning, and it's CD12.  I haven't seen a doctor in 10 days, I'm not on a two week wait, I'm not injecting myself, and I really haven't thought about trying to get pregnant since I left home on Sunday.

This week has reminded me of what it is like to be normal again, when I'm  not constantly running off to doctor's appointments, not taking shots, not stressing about a two week wait.  It's been absolutely wonderful, aside from the fact that I really want to get pregnant.  And it's crazy that I feel so immersed in this cycle, because we didn't start trying until May, so it's only been 7 months.  Only.  Ha.  I guess it generally takes normal people less than 6 months.

Anyway, it's been nice to get some perspective on life again.  I'm back to my own reality on Monday morning, but that's just fine because while it's nice it's different here, I am ready to go home!

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for normalcy! I'm glad you are getting a well-deserved breather from the IF rollercoaster. Especially this time of year, when there are so many beautiful holiday celebrations to enjoy!

    And just for info, most couples (88%) will get pregnant within 12 months -- that's the standard timeframe. The rest of us LUCKY ones (ha ha) take longer and are considered the infertile bunch. :) Although most docs will provide assistance to couples over 35 years old after only 6 months of trying, as Mother Nature can drag her feet a bit as we get older!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you have a moment to sit back and live life like the rest of the world. I am looking forward to my non-medicated cycle over Christmas, just letting my body do its thing without jabbing or stimulating. I hope that 2010 brings you the wish you deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, normalcy. How I crave thee! Lol. I know what you mean, and I am glad you are feeling good for a while here ... here's hoping that it's not too short a feeling.

    ReplyDelete