Thursday, September 20, 2012

ICLW

Welcome, ICLW.  I have recently decided to embark on my first IVF (this is a big deal for me) and am currently on BCPs and working out final scheduling details with the nurse at my clinic.

The top 4 things on my mind right now are:
1. Planning my schedule so I can exercise as much as possible in advance of the "no more vigorous exercise" cutoff listed on my IVF schedule on October 15
2. Gathering my thoughts on CCS (comprehensive chromosomal screening)
3. Working through the decision of single embryo transfer.
4. Wondering why I need to bring an orange to the IVF orientation class (for injection practice???)

Of course items 2 and 3 could drastically change next month when the cycle is underway, but I want to feel comfortable that I have the information I need to feel comfortable with the decision.

Thanks for stopping by....

12 comments:

  1. Happy ICLW!! Please share the info you find on CCS. I'm interested in learning more. I am super excited to follow along on this IVF journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi from ICLW...the injections are really not bad at all...good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello! good luck to you... we'll all be rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it amazing how 4 things can consume every thought of your day? I hope the injections aren't too bad :)

    (also, hi from ICLW!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good you are doing the planning now. Too often you don't have the information you want/need to make decisions if you wait until the last minute. I can also tell you, that emotions can take over if you don't have a solid plan ahead of time.
    The injections really aren't that bad. Good Luck with your cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you for planning ahead. I wish I had crammed in more exercise! You will do fine with the injections, and there are lots of YouTube videos to watch if you feel like you forget everything ( I felt like my mind went blank once we actually had to do it!) so exciting that you are starting soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you the best in your first IVF. I've never heard of having to bring an orange for the injection class, that's logical though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy ICLW! I hope your IVF goes smoothly and easily. I've not done it myself but I've heard that the injections aren't any worse than those with IUI injectables. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, the orange is for injection practice. We were given foam blocks to practice on.

    BTW, I found your blog through ICLW; I forgot to sign up for it this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I will hopefully be doing IVF soon too so keep us updated on how your cycle goes (and the details- I want to know what I am getting into!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy ICLW! Best of luck to you as you go through this exciting and nerve-wracking time! Sending whatever decision-making power/vibes I can spare, your way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, here from ICLW! Wishing you all the best with your IVF! My fingers are thightly crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete