Friday, February 8, 2013

7w5d - Ultrasound #2

Today's ultrasound brought mostly good news.  Embryo #1 had good growth (measured 6w1d last Thursday and 7w2d today).  Embryo #2 was unchanged in size, so it's safe to say that it's a singleton pregnancy (big sigh of relief!).

One thing I didn't mention after the last ultrasound was that the gestational sac was measuring just below normal in size.  When she measured it again today, it is still small.  I think it measured at 5w4d.  That doesn't sound good to me.  Apparently this is the least important of the three measurements they take (embryo, yolk sac, gestational sac), but it sounds like there is a higher risk of miscarriage.  Sometimes it catches up and everything is fine, and sometimes not.  My RE seemed to think that things are "still very hopeful", but this is definitely something to still watch.  I will be going back in a couple of weeks to take another look.  Perhaps a little bit of karma for all my initial confidence?

In the mean time, I made an appointment with my OB for next Thursday.  I wanted to get in to see her so that I can make my appointment for the NT scan.  It takes a few weeks to get an appointment and I don't want to miss the window.

I think it's going to be weird doing an overlap of an OB appt next week and then back to the RE the following week, but I am grateful for the opportunity to get a peek at things next week to see how they are progressing and hopefully get some reassurance.

1 comment:

  1. This is the most difficult time of pregnancy in my opinion. I hope everything looks perfectly normal in the upcoming weeks (and that you can get another peek at the OB appt).

    ReplyDelete