Today is CD53 (ouch!) and there are finally signs that AF will be here shortly. I have been waiting for this upcoming CD1 for a long time, practically since the unfortunate discovery at my OB appointment on Valentine's Day.
I want this cycle to work. I want to do everything I can to have my body be receptive to the embryo. I need to be healthy mentally and physically, so I have committed to myself that for this cycle, I will go to bed at a reasonable time, I will eat well, I will exercise, and I will make every effort to minimize the stress that I let into my life.
Wow...that is one tall order (it almost makes me stressed just to read it!)!
I am looking for tips. My work situation is rough - simply put, I have a ton of it. My natural response is to work more in order to mark items off the to do list and create a more relaxed situation, but that approach has been really bad for my sleep. And I want to go on vacation, but I'm worried that this project I am leading would suffer (causing more stress).
How do you keep stressful situations from getting to you? This is something that I have never been good at. Running has always been a savior, but I've been finding that I can't turn my mind off at night to fall asleep in a reasonable amount of time (which makes those early morning stress-reducing runs less appealing!).


I read. Or go to the movies. My stress relief is to disappear into someone else's story (even if its fiction) for a short amount of time. Lately, I haven't been reading books because I'm reading blogs instead, even though I'm still way behind! I hope AF has made her appearance by now and your next cycle has begun.
ReplyDeleteCan you run in the evenings? Maybe that would help you escape those thoughts for awhile. And if those thoughts are still with you on your run, at least you would still be getting your exercise in, which in turn should help reduce stress. Take that vacation!! Everyone deserves a vacation now and again. Then maybe you would be able to come back refreshed and ready to tackle all the issues that may (or may not) develop while you were away. Thinking about you, my friend!