Sorry for the radio silence.... The spotting that I had right after my 6 week ultrasound cleared up within a day. I never called the clinic because I didn't think that a day of spotting was something that I would want to go in for. The other option for advice would have been to wait and see...something I was planning on doing already.
So here I am today assuming that I am 8 weeks pregnant. It was right around this point in my last pregnancy that my embryo died. Thankfully, I have a fair number of symptoms that are lobbying for me to be convinced that this pregnancy is progressing normally. But still...I've been thinking about it a lot, especially since I had been convinced I would have the baby this weekend, even though it was a month before the due date.
So anyway, I have my intended "graduation" appointment with my RE on Wednesday, and then an appointment with my OB on Thursday. I had to do some appointment juggling because I do not want a repeat of last time. If this pregnancy is not meant to be, I want to find out at my RE's office. After all, who wants to have two appointments that will confirm that there is no heartbeat? Not me.
Plus, I need Thursday to include a good strategic conversation to see if there's anything I can do differently to advance this pregnancy to full term. I hope it's not a matter of "let's do more ultrasounds". That's seems so passive, but maybe it's the only path to take? It makes me wonder if an appointment with a perinatologist would have any value.
But I get ahead of myself. I'll work through this after Wednesday. I'd like to do something, but I am not good with coming up with meaningful gifts. Any ideas? Ironically, Wednesday marks four years since my first consultation with my RE. We obviously had a long break between my graduation with mini-Munchkin and the beginning of this journey for #3, but still, it's been a long time. And the battle for #3 has certainly required confidence in the plan and trust in my doctor. I respect her so much and have valued her advice and the fact that she was always able to back everything up with data.
I will miss her, but am not sad to be moving on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


We both have big appts on Wednesday! I have my 16 week u/s. I hope both of us leave with good news of our babies soon well. Thinkin of you!
ReplyDeleteI've seen on other blogs women bake cookies/brownies or bring in chocolate for the RE staff. If you know your RE is married, could you do a gift certificate for a nice restaurant in town so she and her husband could go out on a date night?
ReplyDeleteI hope that you see good news on Wednesday, I have my fingers crossed!