It's never easy, is it?
My ultrasound yesterday was great. The embryo had a nice strong heartbeat and measured right on target at 6 week 4 days. The sac size was normal, even ahead by a few days. My RE commented that this looked straightforward and appeared to be a much healthier pregnancy than the last. Good news all around. What a relief!
Then this morning when I got back from my run, there was blood on my panty liner. Not bright red, but not super old looking brown either. It's not a lot, but I found more blood up close to my cervix when I inserted the AM progesterone suppository. UGH.
I know that bleeding in early pregnancy can mean nothing, or it can mean something. Regardless, it's concerning. I just checked my logs from my first two pregnancies and I had spotting during my 8th week on both of them. This is a bit earlier, but maybe this is just something that my body does? Still, I don't consider this encouraging. Who knows. I'll take it easy for a couple of days and see what happens. Hopefully it will stop. And hopefully I will be able to refrain from visiting my good friend dr. google....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Are you using an applicator to insert your progesterone suppositories? With my spotting I was told to ditch the applicator as it can irritate your cervix (and without it you won't be able to see any blood that may be up there, which is a good thing).
ReplyDeleteI am just so happy to read your news, despite this scare. I'm sure exertion and normal early pregnancy bleeding is all it is.
Congrats on the good news from your appt. I concur, it always seems to be up and down. I'm so sorry about the blood. Even if it turns out to be nothing other than normal spotting, it is still very alarming and hard not to worry about. Did you call the RE? When is your next appt? Maybe they can get you in again early next week, if only for peace of mind. Hugs Shelley!
ReplyDeleteThinking about you and believing that your sweet baby is just as healthy as possible :)
ReplyDeleteJust checking in. Hope everything is okay? Been thinking about you!
ReplyDelete