In my Type A world of infertility, I spend the beginning and end of each cycle calculating and re-calculating just about everything. When will AF come? When will I need to keep the morning free for a day 3 ultrasound? When will the day 7 ultrasound be? When will my next follicle check be? What day will I need to trigger on? When will the IUI be? And then finally, when will my beta be scheduled for?
Of course, these are all variable based on CD1, so I try to keep my schedule as open as I can to accommodate this variation.
Unfortunately, I'm kind of screwed for next month. I know I won't get pregnant on this cancelled cycle and I have no idea how long it will last. 26 days? 40 days? Ugh! Not terrible in itself, I know, but our Hawaiian vacation next month is going to land right smack in the middle of stimming.
We haven't been on a real vacation, just the three of us, since Munchkin was born at the end of 2007. Plus, it's Hawaii, so of course we really want to go, but I can't stomach skipping two cycles in a row. I'm in a place where I hope/expect to get pregnant, and I don't know how long this mindset will last. Yes, I know the statistics and I know that chances are that I won't get pregnant next month, but I can't get pregnant if I don't try, right? And for me, trying includes drugs. And drugs require me to practically live in a doctor's office for the better part of two weeks. Two weeks that will coincide with my plans to be on a beach in Maui.
The only thing keeping us from cancelling all our plans and incurring the penalties (fertility treatment is specifically excluded in the travel insurance we purchased. DOH!) is the very small chance that my cycle will be super short and we will be able to get through the stimming and IUI before we fly out. Not likely, but we'll know soon in a few weeks. Fingers crossed....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment