Monday, December 28, 2009

Update

Hi, I just wanted to give a quick Christmas update....

We drove up to see the in laws on Christmas Eve, but didn't stay over night as we have in the past.  I was so excited not to have to travel at all on Christmas day!  We had a good time visiting with everyone, but sadly we had to rush to hit the road because I was trying to make the 10PM Mass at home.  It looks like I still need to work out some kinks with this new schedule!

During dinner I successfully endured the expected "When are you going to have another kid" question, but I just gave my standard fake "leave me alone" smile and turned the situation over to my husband to deal with.  Luckily, it dissipated rather quickly and no one noticed that I was fake drinking my wine.  I know it's lame to do that, but it felt good to put any lingering pregnancy questions to rest. ;) 

We spent Christmas day with my family, which was great, but it was different from any other year because my grandfather has been recovering from hip surgery the last few weeks.  My aunt has been here from Texas for almost two weeks, my uncle flew out Christmas morning, and my mom had to bolt from breakfast pretty early to go spend time with my grandfather.  Thankfully we all got to visit my grandfather and eventually made it to my parents' house for a staggered dinner.  My brother took over my grandfather's job of making mai-tais, so everyone had a good time.  No one seemed to suspect anything out of the norm for me since I rarely drink.  And no one was staring at my midsection, so I guess all the fears that my stomach is sticking out excessively were unfounded (or I did a REALLY good job of sucking in my stomach whenever someone looked at me!).

Anyway, we're both off work this week and are heading up to the snow for a couple of days with Munchkin and our younger dog.  We had hoped to get away for a few days, but had put off making any reservations because we expected to be stimming and weren't sure when we would need to be in town.  It's such a nice surprise to be able to work around our own schedules for once!

On the pregnancy front, there's not a whole lot going on, but it's only been a week.  I'm still temping and will probably continue at least until the first ultrasound.  If anything happens to go wrong, I want to see it coming, so I'll continue to check for a bit to make sure that my temps stay high.  I generally feel fine with the occasional cramps/pit in the stomach feeling.  My boobs are bigger, but not tender, so no need double up on the jog bras just yet.  And I was pretty hungry last week and had to made a couple middle of the night trips to the fruit basket so I could get back to sleep.

All in all, there's nothing exciting to report really, but for once, that's a good thing.  Happy almost new year!  I hope 2010 is a good one for everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Christmas sounds like it was nice and a getaway.. I am too jealous.
    I agree nothing exciting is good news! Hoping for a good 2010. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely holiday overall! Glad you are starting 2010 with the blessed bean safe and sound, looking forward to the first peek.

    ReplyDelete