Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Temptations

I am dying over here.  Here I am, 4DP6DT, working from home trying to write up my accomplishments for the year (something which normally causes me to procrastinate for hours), and there's a little cheapy HPT in the bathroom cupboard calling my name.  

I am not normally the type to test early.  I think I like to feel like am in control, so the times that I have tested and they have been negative, I got upset with myself and wondered how I could have possibly thought that I was pregnant.  A couple of months ago, I was so sure that I was pregnant that I laid down a whole $3 to buy three tests.  I tested at 12 DPO and nothing.  Then the following month I just wanted confirmation a few days ahead of AF that my hail mary cycle was a fail, so I tested at 11 DPO.  And here I am with one more test, trying to hold out for a day or two.  

I guess I feel like it could be positive.  The last few days I have had hope...not due to any symptoms, but simply because IVF should work, and doing PGD should have increased my chances even more.  I definitely can't go by symptoms because I have been pregnant twice, and both those times, I was certain that the cycle was a failure.  And I have been not pregnant many many times, and there were (and have been recently) plenty of cycles where I was pretty sure that it had worked.  So clearly my pregnancy barometer is poorly calibrated. 

So here I am, acting very childish.  I defiantly emptied my bladder a couple of hours ago to eliminate the temptation temporarily.  I think I can hold out.  Wish me luck.  I'm not sure I want to process any data, positive or negative, just yet.


5 comments:

  1. Chug water like it is your job! That way you won't be tempted to waste the test! Good luck holding out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say go for it!! I'm so curious FOR you! We are TTC #3 as well, and I'm 7dpo. I have to get bloodwork done tomorrow for a follow up appointment next with my neuroendocrinologist. I already have the bloodwork form, and I'm so tempted to check off the "HCG" box on the form just to see if ANYTHING shows up. I know 8dpo is waaaay early, but I'm tempted nonetheless. As you can tell, I'm a huge POAS addict, so I probably not the best one to give you advice. BUT POAS PLEASE!! It would be so great to both get positives and be able to go through a pregnancy at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending many many vibes to you that you can resist the urge as long as you want to. We are completely out of HPTs and I am refusing to buy any because this time I refuse to POAS. Really praying for great news whenever you decide to test or if you hold out for BETA day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We didn't have any in the house that weren't expired, so I wasn't too tempted. I considered it a few times, but I also had my beta pretty early. What do you think you'll do? Good luck either way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't do it! At least not with a cheapie at 4dp6dt! This coming from someone with no willpower when it comes to peeing on sticks early. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete