Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Insurance

We had to make our insurance selections during open enrollment last week.  Normally there are no real decisions for us to make, but I am getting very close to reaching the maximum infertility coverage on my company's insurance so we needed to figure out whether I should switch to his insurance for next year.  This forced us to talk again about how much more time, effort, energy and money we are willing to put into having a baby.  I was surprised that my husband is willing to go through at least one more IVF cycle, but relieved that we agreed to continue trying. 

I feel more comfortable knowing that my upcoming FET will not be our last chance.  I almost had a desire to hold off on it just so that we wouldn't be so close to the end of the line.  I have so many fears about this failing and I feel better knowing that it's not an all or nothing situation.

While I am on the subject of the FET, I am pretty bummed about the timing.  I am not feeling optimistic about being able to squeeze it in before then end of the year.  This was my fear three months ago when I started considering doing IVF and it makes me sad to think that I've only had one shot to get pregnant since August.  Objectively, I know that's just the way it is sometimes, but it makes me feel like so much is riding on each cycle.  So much pressure!  Anyway, the lab is closed starting the 24th and I am not very sure what my body is doing this month.  Sigh.  I guess there's nothing I can do, but I just hate that time is marching on without me making any progress on this baby-making project.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear you are going to give IVF another shot but so so hopeful that you don't need it and this FET works. I really hope things work out so you can get this in before the end of the year. I'm excited to cheer you on!!

    ReplyDelete