Sunday, December 16, 2012

Here we go again

My body must have been traumatized by the failed IVF cycle, because I had a 41 day cycle!

It seems like everything is back to normal though.  AF showed up on Thursday and I had a baseline ultrasound Friday morning.  Everything looked good, there were no cysts and I was cleared to begin a Clomid cycle for IUI or FET depending on when I ovulate.  I need to trigger no earlier than the 26th (CD14) in order to fit in the FET.  I think the timing should be okay based on how I have responded to Clomid in the past, but we'll see how it goes.

Right after AF arrived on Thursday, I started really thinking (and worrying!) about this FET.  When I was doing the fresh cycle, I felt very positive about having a good outcome and although I forced myself to think about the possibility of it failing, I really expected it to work.  When it did fail, the only silver lining that I could come up with was that now I wouldn't have to worry about discarding/donating any unused embryos.  Kind of weak, I know. 

I don't have that same confidence with this cycle, and the likelihood of failure looms large.  If it doesn't work, it's back to another fresh cycle, which is something I hadn't considered as a likely scenario several months ago.  I want to be optimistic and expect it to work, but it's just so hard (and probably not prudent).  I only have one embryo and who knows, it may not even survive the thaw.  I know that I shouldn't focus on that, since it's not in my control, but it's hard.  I guess I'll just try to not think about this at all until I reach the first hurdle of not ovulating too early.  I have a monitoring ultrasound scheduled for next Sunday.  Until then, I wait.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry this cycle didn't work. I was devastated after our failed IVF. I keep my fingers crossed for a good monitoring appointment and for green light to FET. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard not to focus on all the things that could go wrong and not work. Just take it one step/appointment/hurdle at a time, starting with Sunday. Hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete