Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Yellow Zone

Today is CD 38 and I must say that I am relieved that this cycle is going on as long as it has.  I can't believe it, but I may actually dodge the lab closure.  I just need to ovulate no earlier than December 27 so that we can do a Day 6 transfer when the lab reopens on the 2nd. 

I've entered what I am calling "the yellow zone" where it's feasible that I might ovulate by the 27th.  I looked over my seven Clomid cycles and the two times I took it on days 5-9, I got a positive OPK on days 17 and 18.  If AF were to show up Monday, then the 27th would be CD18.  Finally, some good news.  I would definitely feel much more comfortable to have a little more leeway on the timing and to be able to take the Clomid on days 4-8 (call me superstitious, but both my pregnancies were on cycles where I took it on days 4-8), so I won't complain if it takes a few more days for it to show up.  I just hope that my body isn't so messed up that it's gone on strike!

So it's just a waiting game around here, which at this point, is just fine.  It's giving me a chance to focus on getting ready for Munchkin's 5th birthday on Friday and the Christmas craziness that I am forcing myself to neglect until the birthday party is over on Saturday. 

Hopefully AF will show up sometime this week and I can get an idea of what the next month will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment