Thursday, February 21, 2013

ICLW!

If you are visiting from ICLW, thanks for stopping by!

The quick synopsis of my situation is this:
- One week ago I was 8 1/2 weeks pregnant, happily enjoying my status as a frozen embryo transfer success story.
- Today I am picking up the pieces from an ultrasound that showed no heartbeat.  This wasn't the side of the statistics that I wanted to fall on.

I am currently waiting for a D&C because my four attempts(!!!) at a medically induced miscarriage did not work.  I am ready to put this experience behind me and focus on what the future has in store for me.  I know it won't be as easy as it sounds, but I am ready.

It looks like I might be able to get in for the surgery tomorrow.  The patient coordinator I spoke to on the phone thinks I'm crazy for not wanting to use the anesthesia.

10 comments:

  1. Here from ICLW...
    so sorry to read your news. I hope things get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi from ICLW. (((( Hugs )))) So very sorry you are going through this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs. Hopefully after tomorrow you will be able to have some closure. As far as the anesthesia, you just need to do what you feel is best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi from ICLW. Ugh. Hoping all goes well tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from ICLW, so sorry you are going through this and sorry the management didn't go as you had planned either. Wishing you the best with your D+C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here from ICLW. I'm so sorry to read your news. I hope the surgery brings an end to this physical process soon so you can focus on your emotional healing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry about all of the heartache, but happy to hear about the plan going forward. Big hugs to you. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi from ICLW. so sorry for your loss. Just know that your baby is out there on the horizon, some way, some how : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi from ICLW. So sorry for your loss. I am glad you didn't require the surgery....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi from ICLW. I am so sorry you are going through this loss. I wish you the best as you move forward.

    ReplyDelete