Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A blunder

I am mortified.  This morning I was on a web conference at work, and I was asked to share my desktop to test out something.  I opened up my browser (the default home page is g.oogle) and I was unfortunately, and unexpectedly, signed in to my gmail account.  My closetinfertile at gmail account. 

I looked at my screen and I just wanted to die.  And of course, the test I was running didn't work, so my browser just.stayed.on.the.page.  I finally just stopped sharing and signed out.

Given that I don't share my infertility struggles with family and close friends, you can imagine that it's never come up in conversations with coworkers.  On the call were a bunch of men and one woman.  I have worked very closely with the woman for several years, but I haven't shared this with her.  I have no idea who, if anyone noticed.  And I'm sure it's no big deal, but I can't stop thinking about it. 

Doh

5 comments:

  1. Oh no! I can feel the anxiety just reading this! But I'm sure the screen was not as glaring to anyone else on the call as it was to you. And they will forget all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it the Google home page or your gmail account? Hopefully it was just the home page and no one noticed it....especially if your coworkers are older. :-)

    I'm sorry....that sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I'm sorry. I can only imagine how that must have felt. Like the others have said, it probably wasn't so glaringly obvious to the others. We can hope, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, hon, I just read this and know how horrible that would be. Let's hope that they all have the decency never to say anything. If it makes you feel better, I am pretty sure that my co-workers have heard me sobbing in my office.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi from ICLW. Don't worry... I'm sure it wasn't up for long (the few seconds probably just seemed like forever to you) and that most people probably couldn't determine what it was before you closed it anyway. There's always a delay from when you click to when they see the screen in those screen sharing/web meeting things anyway.

    ReplyDelete