Wednesday, March 20, 2013

ICLW

Wow, I can't believe it's ICLW season again!  I've been participating off and on for the past few months.  Reading others' stories has been inspiring and keeps me entertained while I engage in the obligatory waiting periods that go along with IVF.

Here's a quick synopsis of my current situation:
- I had a miscarriage a little over a month ago and am waiting for AF.  Should be here in about a week.
- I am ready for IVF #2.  I'm planning to do a freeze-all cycle because we think that my body does better with an unstimulated uterus (based on a failed fresh cycle and a successful implantation on the frozen one).  I am signing up for a long process, but have high hopes for a baby next spring.
- I am dealing with some blood pressure issues.  I am on medication but it doesn't seem to be controlling it as well as I'd like.  I wish there was some lifestyle change that I could make, but I think this is all genetics, so off to the doctor I go next week.  I'd like to get this addressed before I start stimming.
- I am coming down off a stupid slip up yesterday when my super secret closetinfertile gmail account showed up on the google home page when I was sharing my desktop on a web conference.  I am trying to laugh it off, because I really don't have any other choice.  Luckily, I haven't heard a peep about it from anyone on the call.  You can be sure that tonight I deselected the "keep me signed in" option! 

Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. Visiting from ICLW. I am so sorry for your loss *hug* and I wish you the best of luck in your cycle. I am sorry about your BP issues. My husband suffers from the same - genetic high BP that lifestyle changes wont make (he's a ripped firefighter and in great shape.) I hope you find a solution that works for you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi from ICLW...I also seemed to respond well to the FET rather than the fresh cycle. When we try again we will be doing a FET.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi from ICLW. Sorry to hear about your loss. Hope the next IVF works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It drives me nuts that all google accounts are connected! I would die if everyone saw my "babymakingmerrygoround" email address! Good luck with your FET.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so very sorry about your loss. I have high hopes for your next IVF and upcoming transfer.
    OOOOOMYYYYYG for getting exposed on the big screen! hopefully it just flew under the radar;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. First time visitor from ICLW. I am very sorry about your loss. I look forward to following you through your FET and hope you wll vist me (and follow my FET!) as well! I am also super in the closet and I understand your panic - I have had many moments like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm sorry about your miscarriage, but am sending you lots of baby dust for IVF#2. We might have to do a freeze cycle as well (won't decide until we do the retrieval though) because I got a pretty nasty case of OHSS the first time around. I'll be looking forward to seeing how your cycle goes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visiting from ICLW... I am so sorry about your miscarriage and I wish you success for IVF #2. I have heard a lot of good results from FET. I hope you are not on this rollercoaster of IF for too long

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy ICLW! I'm so glad nobody has said anything about yesterday's blunder. Hopefully, no one saw it and it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dropping in from ICLW. I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope IVF#2 brings you success.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy ICLW! So sorry to hear about your loss. I hope that everything goes well for IVF #2. I don't have blood pressure issues but it does seem like I'm dealing with high cholesterol that seems to be hereditary. I'm just on niacin now to see if that helps. Hopefully they didn't even notice the email address mix-up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi from iclw! Hope round 2 brings you your blessing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy ICLW! I'm so sorry about your loss. I'm always amazed at women who have experienced loss and the strength they have. I hope that IVF #2 is a success for you and your family.

    Aislinn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi from ICLW! I hope this round will bring your take home baby #3!

    ReplyDelete