Thursday, July 4, 2013

Au Natural?

CD1 arrived on Monday and I finally got in touch with one of the nurses at the clinic yesterday.  I had thought that my doctor was going to push hard for a natural FET, but when I talked to the nurse she said that I could do a natural cycle if my periods have been "regular" or we could do Clomid to ensure ovulation.

I don't know what to do.  In theory, I am on board with the natural cycle.  In reality, I wonder if it will just set me up for a cancelled cycle, or worse, a failed cycle.

I have never gotten pregnant without Clomid, so there's definitely the emotional comfort that I have from using it.  I know I ovulate on Clomid.  And who knows whether I will ovulate on my own.  In the past year, I have either been on a recovery cycle or a treated cycle, so there's no telling whether my body is ovulating on its own.

On the other hand, Clomid thins uterine lining.  In fact, my RE was ready to cancel the cycle last time when I hadn't progressed very far by CD11.  It turned out okay and my body did what it was supposed to do.  Also, we have no information as to why I miscarried last time.  The embryo was euploidy....  My RE's thought is that perhaps a more natural environment could work better.

I think I am leaning towards her recommendation, but I don't feel 100% comfortable.  I have been waiting a long time for July, and it would be unfortunate to watch another month slip by without an opportunity to get pregnant.  On the other hand, it's only one month.  At this point, is it that bad to skip a month?

I haven't spoken with her in over two months since they did the biopsies, so hopefully she has a sound argument that will help me jump on board when I have my baseline u/s tomorrow.

Oh yeah, happy 4th of July!  If it's as hot where you are as it is here, stay cool and enjoy the day!

1 comment:

  1. One month really isn't that long in the grand scheme of things, but at the same time, it is SO hard to wait! Whatever you decide to do, I'll be thinking of you and praying for the best possible outcome.

    ReplyDelete