Saturday, July 27, 2013

It worked

It worked.  The FET worked! 

I tested this morning at 8DP5DT.  The symptoms were all there.  I didn't doubt that I was pregnant.  And when I tested, there was no squinting.  There was no waiting until the three minutes were up.  There was none of that.  The second line appeared quickly. 

Obligatory HPT photo
 The mood in our house is very different from last time.  Last time, I was confident...too confident, as it turns out.  I had a chromosomally normal embryo.  I knew that my problem was getting pregnant, not staying pregnant, so I let myself go. I even wrote that I knew that I was probably being overly confident and that karma would come back to bite me.  A little foreshadowing maybe??? 

We are much more subdued this time.  I can tell that my husband is not ready to get attached.  He needs time.  And me?  This time I am focused on upcoming milestones and am simply very grateful for the opportunity to take on the hurdles that will be presented over the next 8 weeks.  The first step that opened the door was the positive pregnancy test.

I am not sure what I will do about the beta.  There are in-network labs nearby that I can go to this week, but I don't know how much time it will take away from our vacation to head over there, deal with insurance info, get the blood draw, and then come back.  Does anyone know if HCG doubling times remain the same at 5 weeks?  Is there any harm in waiting until I get home and testing a week later?


7 comments:

  1. I've wondered if the beta tests are mostly to provide reasurrance. After all millions of women become pregnant the old fashion way and don't get betas done! An inappropriate early rise can suggest a chemical pregnancy or possible ectopic. You can somewhat gauge gestational length by a beta, at 5 weeks, would expect to be in the thousands, once a beta gets to 10,000 it doesn't double as quickly. but I'd check in with your RE to see what she wants to you try to do...but BTW...the fact that we are talking about these details is AWESOME!!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful news! Fingers crossed that everything continues to progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I don't have any advice about doing betas a week later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so thrilled for you! I hope that everything continues to progress well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yay!!!!!!! That is a super dark line too!! My husband didn't even BELIEVE I was pregnant for quite awhile. What clinched it for him was when he saw the 9week u/s pics. He was more comfortable just pretending it wasn't real, just in case something happened. It was okay, I knew I was pregnant. Now we're both on board! I am so, so incredibly happy for you and pray for that baby to keep growing strong!

    ReplyDelete