Thursday, October 22, 2009

Juggling and Traveling

Since it's ICLW week and I might get some traffic through my blog, I wanted to pose the question to you: How you deal with traveling (for work or for play) and IF appointments?

My manager wants me to take on a project for the next 4 months that would require me to travel to Europe a week a month starting the first week of December.  I've never had to travel for work and am not thrilled about starting now, but other than that, the project sounds interesting.  What doesn't sound appealing is trying to adapt my cycle to my travel schedule.  It's not like my cycle is very predictable in the first place!

Anyway, I wanted to see how the rest of you handle this.  I'm already prepped to cancel vacation plans next month to accommodate the monitoring appointments, but I don't know how much I can be a slave to this scheduling nightmare.

Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for you comment on my blog!

    ICLW is a great way to get traffic. I'm so grateful for the support that it promotes.

    Unfortunately I don't have any experience with the traveling for work and RE appointments. But you may want to ask your clinic if they have a "best practices" plan for traveling patients.

    Best wishes with your upcoming cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm....do you have a choice as to whether you can take the project? Or at least a choice about the timing of each week? I think it will be tough to keep up, but not impossible...it just depends on when that week falls each month. Hopefully next month is all you need and you won't have to worry about the other months! :)

    ReplyDelete