Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day 3 Update

I received another 8:30AM call this morning (I love punctuality!), this time from one of the IVF nurses.

And...I still have 8. 
3 -8 cell embryos grade I

1- 8 cell embryo grade III
3- 9 cell embryos grade I
1-10 cell embryo grade II

In this system grade I is the best.  The nurse explained to me that normal development is to be 8 cell by day 3.  When she told me about the 9 and 10 cell ones, I thought that was even better, but then I did some reading and perhaps that's not the case.  Even so, it sounds like good news to me.

The next update will come Friday morning and then we'll know how things look and decide whether to do a day 5 transfer or to biopsy and go with a transfer on Saturday.

Obviously, anything can still happen in two days, but I'm feeling good about this...while still scared.  I don't necessarily feel confident in my decision to do a single embryo transfer, but I just can't have twins (based on my history, I would expect pregnancy to cause me and the babies a lot of problems).  And I don't think I have it in me to do a selective reduction.  So there we go.  Hopefully I get what I need from the chromosomal screening.

On the recovery/OHSS/physical side, things are great.  I have not been following the "OHSS diet" since Sunday and for now, everything is fine.  I plan to shift my diet a bit next week after reading that WTW's OHSS kicked into high gear once she started producing HCG.  I've also been out walking the past two days and it's been nice to just get outside.  I do miss real sweating, though.  It's been over a week!  Maybe I'll spin on my bike on my trainer in the next couple of days, just so that I can sweat!  Really, I'm not that crazy exercise person who can't miss a day without losing my mind.  It's just been a difficult transition after spending the past two months working out as much as possible so I wouldn't feel like I was turning to mush while going through IVF.  I rarely took a day off from doing *something*, even if it was just a quick 20 minute strength workout.

So that's the update.  Until Friday morning, I'll be hanging tight, and keeping my fingers tightly crossed for those of you with scheduled betas in the morning.

3 comments:

  1. That is great news! I hope you get another great update on Friday.

    I miss really sweating, too - and getting my heart rate up! I'm actually starting to get kind of stiff - I think from inactivity. I was keeping up with walking until the transfer, but I've been kind of paranoid since then. My instructions say "light walking" - what does that even mean??? I figured taking it really easy for a week wouldn't kill me, but I do miss moving around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great report!!! I hope all the 8 of them will keep thriving and you will have a great ET.
    I am glad your OHSS is calming down. I hope the swelling will go down very son ad it won't be an issue by implantation time.
    How super exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome report. Crossing fingers for you.

    An ICLW Visit from #2
    liddy @ the unfair struggle (mfi, speedskating, life)

    ReplyDelete