Sunday, October 21, 2012

Retrieval

I'm just chilling here at home with my dog and my computer...and a little bit of football.  I couldn't ask for a better Sunday morning!  :)

I feel pretty good.  I've got some mild cramping and I find myself walking somewhat gingerly, but it's nothing major.

We got back from the RE's office about about an hour ago.  As far as I can tell, the retrieval was smooth...and they got 14 eggs.

If things go well, the plan is to do biopsies on Friday and a day 6 transfer on Saturday morning.  Of course, I know that things can change in a flash and I could back in the office for a 3 or 5 day transfer depending on how things progress over the next couple of days.

At this point, I've done all I can do, so I'm just going to take care of myself, check out the ICLW blogs, and enjoy the quiet house.

8 comments:

  1. Eeeek!!! 14 eggs is awesome. I am so happy for you. You've done awesome and have such a good plan to just sit back and relax. I'll be sending so many thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cycle has been going awesome so far! I am sorry about the OHSS risk, but hopefully things will calm down very soon in there. I had a mild version on both of the ART cycles which resulted in a positive test. My advise would be to rest as mucha as you can, kinda' partial bedrest and have lot's of fluids. I remember drinking lot's of tomato juice. I will keep my fingers crossed for a great fertilization report, good biopsy results and beautiful embryos. A day 6 transfer sounds like a great plan, that gives you a little extra time to rest up for ET.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and happy ICLW!
    #52

    ReplyDelete
  3. 14 eggs is great! I had 26 at my retrieval and ended up with super severe OHSS (and was hospitalized).

    I can't wait to read about how many fertilized and how the transfer goes :)

    Kayla
    ICLW #59

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi from ICLW. WOW! 14 eggs is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here from ICLW. 14 eggs - awesome. Fingers crossed for a great fertilization report... in the meantime, rest up!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like amazing progress - hope you're able to take it easy and take care of yourself the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello from ICLW! Congratulations on the 14 eggs, and best of luck for the transfer next weekend! Wishing you all the best for #3.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on a great retrieval! 14 eggs is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete