I was so proud of myself last week because I thought I was one of the lucky ones who wasn't having any side effects from the Lupron. Sure I had a couple of small headaches, but they could have been from a little dehydration, etc. I didn't have any hot flashes or anything like that either.
And then on Thursday, I noticed that I just seemed angry, irritable, and quick to snap. I was mean to my husband and loud to the dog. And then I remembered...damn, that Lupron!
I am just unpleasant (to put it mildly) to be around. I've been trying (sometimes successfully, sometimes not) to remind myself to be patient every night when I get home from work, but I have to say that it's been bad timing for my poor husband to be making lots of changes around the house. For example, on Monday he brought in some guys to do some trimming because he just hasn't had the time to get around to it. He supervised them for part of the day and then went into work. When we got home, they had trimmed the bushes along the back fence so that any coverage and privacy from the two story house behind us (the only two story house in the neighborhood) was gone! I still remember clearly coming home from work one day nine years ago to find that the owners at the time had cut down the bushes on their side of the fence to expose this huge 2 story monster looking into our yard. I thought that we vowed that day to grow our bushes so that this would never be an issue again. And now we're right back to where we were. AND it's fall, so it's not like we're going to be seeing a lot of growth in the next few months. GRRRRR!
So I actually didn't get mad (out loud), but I did close all of the blinds when we were eating so I wouldn't have to look at the ugly house. And his comment was, "I'm sorry to disappoint you". :(
Yeah, so I guess I would say that there are some side effects.
In other news, I had my baseline ultrasound this morning.
Lining: 2.9
Right ovary: 14 follicles < 10
Left ovary: 10 follicles < 10
I'm all set for a Friday night sticking party. 125 IU Follistim, 75 IU Menopur and 5 units Lupron. I've been pretty sensitive to the Follistim in the past, so I'm very curious as to what we will see at my first monitoring appointment next Tuesday.
In the meantime, I'm still running as much as I have time for, which is every day, but unfortunately, not as long or as far as I'd like. I'm still working through my workout plans once running is off the table. I'm thinking three options: workouts with medicine balls, putting my bike on the trainer, and getting up in the hills to hike. Any other ideas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Ohhhh I can relate to you so much on this one. Lupron makes me so irritable. I start it for IVF #2 tomorrow and am preparing my husband for the evil b that is about to take over my body. Thinking of you!!
ReplyDeleteThat Lupron will creep up on you with its nasty side effects. Exercise will help keep you sane. Something to make you sweat but not stress your body out too much. I think the bike trainer is a good choice. Great baseline!
ReplyDeleteI was only on small doses of lupron for two days before we added in the other medications, so I didn't get to experience the nasty lupron side effects. Maybe adding in the other meds will offset the lupron enough to take care of the side effects?
ReplyDeleteAs for exercise - I guess see how you feel. I felt sort of crummy the first two days on Follistim and Menopur, but I was on much higher doses, too. I just felt sort of icky and tired. I did go for walks, which was so not the same as running and didn't even feel like exercise for me, but I was so fatigued that I couldn't do much more. I would say just see how you feel and go from there. I got way too bloated and sore to do much of anything for the last few days, but your experience might be different. Tons of luck to you!
I was on Lupron for three months while doctors tried to shrink my fibroid prior to my surgery. Boy is that not a fun drug. Hot flashes, headaches, and general bitchness galore.
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo Friday night sticking party! Sounds like a blast! ;-)
Hmm...I don't recall irritability while on Lupron but I probably did have it. The biggest side effects I remember were from a combination of Lupron and Follistim - constipation and my ovaries hurting from all the action going on in there. I had to walk and sit very gingerly, and there was no way I was in any kind of shape to go running.
ReplyDeleteAfter running was off the table for me I just stuck to walking.I thought I would hate it but it really wasn't as bad as I thought.
ReplyDeleteDo you own rollerblades? That's another option!