Sunday, December 23, 2012

Learning the hard way

I am so lame.  I forgot that a possible side effect of Clomid is thin uterine lining.  Why, oh why, would I want to do an FET with a drug that could thin my uterine lining?????  Argh.

I went in for my monitoring appointment this morning and my lining is 4.0mm.  Not good for CD11.  I had five measurable follicles between 12 and 17mm, plus several smaller.  Apparently the lining is expected to be thicker when you have a 17mm follicle.

My doctor gave me three options:
1. Cancel the cycle now and try again next month
2. Add some Estrace to thicken the lining
3. Wait it out and see how things look in several days. 

I'm going with option #3.  I'm not seeing any symptoms that my body is anywhere near ready to ovulate and I don't see anything wrong with checking one more time in four or five days to see if things have progressed.  I've never really had a monitoried Clomid cycle, so I don't really know what my body has done in the past, so I can't compare stats other than ovulation day, which I expect to come in a week.  We'll see what happens.

I made an appointment for Thursday morning, so we'll see how that goes.  In the meantime I have a lot of wrapping to do, so I guess I'll get on that.  Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

  1. I had the same problem! If you have to cancel (hoping you don't, but...) try femara. It worked for me and gave me a great lining! I took it CD 3-7 and estrace 8-12. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete