Sunday, January 20, 2013

5 Weeks

It's really amazing how much things can change in a week.  I was reflecting on my run yesterday how last Saturday I spent my run calculating dates for IVF #2 to figure out when we'd be able to do a frozen transfer (it would have been May! ouch) and yesterday I spent my run calculating out potential maternity leave dates and trying to figure out when/where to go on vacation before the baby comes.  Talk about different!  That 2WW is so difficult (and passes sooooo slowly)!

I realize that I am probably way too confident and am doing way more planning that most IVF patients allow themselves so early on.  I mean, I haven't even seen a heartbeat.  I guess I've always considered that my issue has been getting pregnant, so once that happens, I'm in a pretty good situation.  Additionally, as my doctor said when I was trying to decide whether it was worth it to try naturally in addition to doing the FET, I have the peace of mind knowing that this baby is chromosomally normal.  Fingers crossed that I don't find disappointment down the road.

So this week has been good, albeit a bit weird.  I've felt good, running feels good again (it just took a couple of days to shake out the cobwebs from five days off), and I finally purchased some proper prenatal vitamins (I had been taking regular multi-vitamins plus a folic acid supplement).  That was all good, but it was weird because we had some visiting colleagues in town to help plan a project that we'll be working on this year.  My coworker will be out on sabbatical much of the summer, so we're planning around that, but I couldn't exactly share that I am pregnant and will be out starting sometime in August (due date is 9/22) through the end of the year.  It seemed so dishonest, but the best I could do was push for a resource to cover her load while she is gone so that we can just extend that person when I leave soon after she returns (fingers crossed that I can stay pregnant that long!).

One day at a time.  That should be my new mantra, so I don't get ahead of myself!  Happy Sunday, and go 49ers!


5 comments:

  1. Congrats! What a great surprise after reading your post last Sunday! Very happy for you :) Those betas are quite encouraging. Hope I'll be right behind you too! ;)
    Best,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy about this!! 5 weeks!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to join you with the "One day at a time mantra"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations! we really are right around the corner from each other in terms of pregnancy. when you say you go 'running' are you running running? i went to the gym yesterday and only walked because i didnt want to exert myself too much. I wouldn't call myself a runner per say, but i did run on the treatmill about 2 times a week.... so was curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm running running, 5-6 miles a day, every day so far. I was comfortable going back to regular exercise once the embryo had several days to implant. The only thing I was concerned about is whether there is something different, or more fragile about an IVF pregnancy that I should be aware of...

      Delete