Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Fert Report

I heard from the lab this morning.  Of the 20 eggs, 12 fertilized.  That's a good start.  I don't know all the terms related to unfertilized eggs, but from what I could gather, 5 of the ones that didn't fertilize were immature.  Still, that's a good number to work with.  It's like a year's worth of TTC consolidated into one month.

Physically, in some ways I feel better today, but because I am moving better, I think my husband thinks all is back to normal.  I wish I had a picture of my insides to give him an idea of what I'm dealing with.  Yesterday, I felt like I didn't want anything inside me to move, but today that seems to be a bit better.  It is a bit unfortunate that I've had a nagging cough.  I keep trying to get into a position where I can immobilize my torso so minimize movement and discomfort.

I had forgotten how I felt post-retrieval, but it's certainly coming back!  I think I'm a bit more uncomfortable this time around simply due to the number of follicles that were growing and am focusing on keeping the OHSS at bay.  I think/hope it will be okay.

It has been great to hit this retrieval milestone.  The physically hard part is almost over, and for the next few weeks, it will feel like things are happening and progress is being made.  Since we're doing a frozen cycle, I'm not going to pay for next day results on the PGS, so I will have one more update about two weeks after the cryo report (does that happen on day 6?).  Yay for a trickle of information to keep me engaged before the long wait for my body to recover and be ready for transfer!

3 comments:

  1. Such a great fertilization report! Already sending many thoughts your way. It sounds like you are having a good recovery. I usually got my cryo reports on day 6. Fingers crossed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12 fertilized = a years worth of ttc. I love that! I hope you get great news with the cryo report as well. Here's to a quick recovery to your insides, and the cough!

    ReplyDelete