This past weekend provided me the break I needed to hit that reset button. We went to Sedona, Arizona and hiked (and hiked...and hiked). The weather was perfect. The views were spectacular. The company was great. Ahhhhhhhhh! We may just have to go back next year....
I made it through the airport with my needles without any issue, which was nice. And I shared the story of my struggles with my one friend who I traveled with. She was the same person who knew about my first cycle, the pregnancy, and the miscarriage, so it was natural to get her caught up. It was a nice conversation. She had a miscarriage before she got pregnant with each of her children, so she's been there. I'm sure the others are curious since we talked about whether any of us want any more kids (yes, me!), but they didn't push.
I got home Sunday night and had to rally to start stimming! I had my baseline ultrasound before I left on Thursday. Everything looked good - 9 antral follicles on the right, 8 on the left, and no cysts.
I just completed my third night of stims. My protocol was confirmed to be 150 IU of Follistim and 75 IU of Menopur, plus the 5 units of Lupron. My RE decided to increase the Follistim dose in the hopes to maybe recruit a few more follicles. She's not worried as much about OHSS this time around since we're planning on a banking cycle. I hope it works.
I went for a run this afternoon and felt pretty good. The weather was in the 70s so it would have been difficult to not enjoy the fresh air. I think I get cut off from exercise after tomorrow, but maybe she'll let me squeeze in one last run on Thursday.
The days are ticking by quickly. I have my first monitoring scan Thursday morning, but in the meantime, I am getting organized. My husband flies out to Arizona tomorrow for an annual golf trip, so I am flying solo with my Lupron-induced short temper. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Sounds like you had a great relaxing weekend. So glad you were able to get away. Good luck this week with loopy lupron. Sending many thoughts your way!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a relaxing weekend away!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good weekend away!
ReplyDeleteSo nice to be able to hit that reset button. I'm glad you had the opportunity to get away and enjoy some hiking with friends. I was so nervous about the airport with my meds too, but turns out it was a piece of cake. Good luck Shelley! I'm rooting you on and praying for you!
ReplyDelete