My brother's wife gave birth to their first baby this afternoon. Wow. There's nothing quite like holding a brand new baby to make you want one of your own NOW! If it hadn't been after 5PM when I first held him, I probably would have excused myself from the hospital room so I could call my RE's office and sign up for IVF!
After having babies on my mind pretty much all day, I have decided that I do want to make sure to fit in an IVF cycle in this year, but I also want make sure that I have more than one chance to get pregnant before the end of the year, so I need to find out whether there is enough time to fit in both a fresh cycle and a frozen one before the lab closes. If not, I think I'll do one Clomid IUI cycle before IVF. And if both those fail, I'll try to get on the frozen cycle as quickly as possible next year. I won't think about what happens if both the IVF and FET fail. I can't process that right now.
I know that I sound like I'm rushing to fit in these cycles, but I turn 39 in a few days and I feel such pressure to get pregnant asap. For some reason I set an invisible goal of having this baby before I turn 40. Not smart. I know I need to change the rules for myself and cut myself some slack, but I just can't do that right now. Soon, hopefully.
In the meantime, though, I have a tentative plan. How am I feeling? Happy to have a plan and interested to see where things go once I have more information. And secretly hopeful that somehow I get to be one of those incredibly lucky people who get the surprise BFP in that last cycle before IVF. Fingers crossed for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I totally understand the feeling of holding a new baby and that intensifying your desire to have one! I am so excited for you-- having a plan makes everything so real! Best of luck. I'll be praying that you get that surprise BFP!! :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
ReplyDeleteI'm 38, so I know what you mean. It's hard not to feel a little pressure!
I think your plan sounds good! This may be just me, but I would focus on the Clomid IUI cycle and the IVF cycle and not worry so much about the FET. You may or may not have embryos leftover, so it may be a non-issue. I hope you get a surprise BFP in the meantime, though, so you don't have to deal with it at all!
I totally get the issue about wanting to get pregnant before a certain age. I've been on the TTC rollercoaster for 8 years and now I'm to the point where I'd really like to get pregnant before I'm 35 (about a year away) mainly because the cost of IVF increases once I hit that age.
ReplyDelete