Friday, August 31, 2012

Off for the weekend

I have been playing phone tag with the nurse for three days now.  She has only called in the afternoon, and the one time she did call when I was free, she called at my desk phone.  I asked if I could call her back from my cell phone (because who really wants to talk about IVF in a cube in the middle of an open air office space?!  Not me.) and in the 60 seconds it took me to call back, she was busy with another patient.  Doh.  It's a good thing I have a couple of weeks to work on this. 

In the meantime, I'm still vacillating a bit on the plan, but when I read things that remind me that I'm 39, I think, "Holy cow, that's old.  Get on this baby-making thing!"

But for now, it's a holiday weekend and we're heading up to the mountains with some friends.  I'm so excited.  I can't remember the last time we went away on a holiday weekend.  I swear, it has to have been 10 years.  Yes, I'm a bit of a home body, but this little getaway will be great...as long as I can pack quickly!

Have a great one!

2 comments:

  1. Uggg. I hate the nurse phone tag! Hoping you have a great mini vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand the phone tag thing. Per my instruction, my RE's office is only allowed to call my cell phone (they do have my work number but I'm thinking about asking to have it removed from their system). And I know if I miss the first phone call from my RE, we will be playing the phone tag game. The nurses at my clinic have only ever answered the phone one time out of all the times I have called. All the other times, I've had to leave messages and pray that I wasn't in a meeting at work when they called me back. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete