Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I have a calendar!

Yes, that is right!  AF arrived on Sunday night a few days earlier than expected, I called the clinic yesterday, and just like that, I have a calendar for IVF #2.

BCPs start Thursday
Evil Lupron starts 4/10
Last BCP is 4/14
Stimming starts on 4/21
Tentative retrieval on 4/30

Yee haw!

The time will go by quickly.  I will be out of town the weekend of 4/20-4/21 for a girls weekend and then my husband will be out of town the following weekend...and I bet he'll need it, because I did not like the way I felt/acted when I was on Lupron.  I was on edge all the time...at work, at home, to the dog, to my husband, to the kids.  Knowing in advance how I will feel, I hope I can hold it together a little better this time, especially since I'll be on my own for four nights while stimming.  I was already planning on taking the Friday off to ease my stress, and I hope that helps.

It's really interesting to observe my emotions about this whole thing.  The past two days I have really been dreading the whole cycle, which is interesting because I didn't think it was terrible when I went through it last time.  I had mostly been scared of the actual retrieval, which ended up being not bad at all.  I think the difficulty of the cycle was the hormonal roller coaster.  Now that I talked with the nurse and negotiated the dates to make sure my husband was back in town for the retrieval, I'm looking forward to getting the show on the road.  I dare say that I'm excited!

----------
Just a quick note on the food diary.  It's been great!  I pulled out my food scale, which is a huge help, and I've eaten much healthier than normal today while working from home two feet from the fridge.  No chocolate chips have snuck out of the freezer and into my mouth.  I'll call that a success!

4 comments:

  1. YAY for a calendar!! I definitely agree- the shots, the retrieval, the transfer, etc. are all fairly easy. Trying to manage your emotions and thoughts on everything is the hardest part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited that you have everything planned out. Good luck with this cycle! Also, congratulations on not sneaking any chocolate chips. You have much more discipline than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's something so comforting just about having a plan and a schedule. Glad AF did her part to cooperate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for a plan and the beginning of a new cycle! Lupron just made me SO incredibly sleepy and forgetful. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete