Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Enough with the negativity!

Okay, so I had my little vent yesterday (thanks for the support, by the way!), took a deep breath, and had a nice run this morning with my four-legged running partner.  All is back to normal in my universe.

I got in to see my doctor this morning.  She's has a pretty calming demeanor, which is always nice.  She told me that my last cycle looked good on paper, and that there was no reason not to be optimistic about our chances.  She was totally fine with the Clomid idea and said that she really thinks that it's important that we try to work our cycles around our lives when necessary so we don't find IF running our lives.  Easier said than done, but I appreciated the sentiment.

Anyway, the ultrasound results were fine.  There was one small residual 11 mm cyst on my left ovary, but nothing to worry about.  Uterine lining was nice and thin and there were lots of antral follicles (15 on one side, 10 on the other?) waiting for their turn.

The plan is to start the Clomid on Thursday (days 4 - 8, which was my preference) and then come in to see her the Monday after I get back.  I would most likely trigger that evening and do an IUI on Wednesday.  This schedule would also mimic my body's natural tendency to surge 8 days after the last Clomid pill and ovulate the day after.

So we're set.  I'm grounded again.  Work is crazy and stressful, but I can deal with it.  And most importantly, I can return to my motto: Focus on the good, don't be stressed, end up pregnant. :)

9 comments:

  1. So much to get caught up on! I'm sorry about your BFN... even with a good outlook, AF will kick your butt. It sounds like your doc is wonderful, I love that she helps plan your cycle in an effort that IF not run your life. Which I find nearly impossible no matter what, but it's a nice thought anyway. :)

    GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good plan to plan your stuff around what you need to do. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you have a good plan for this cycle. I hope this is it! Good luck!!!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have a great doctor and a great plan. Good luck with this cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you have a good plan in place and your spirit is in a good place. Sending prayers and blessings on you and your cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this plan, it sounds like a winner to me.

    Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life's too short for bad doctors, so I'm glad yours is good!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great that you have a plan. Wishing you all the best this cycle!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you have the perfect motto. Best of luck to you this cycle.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete