Saturday, November 7, 2009

Fingers crossed

I just took my trigger shot and now the countdown begins.  The last time I triggered it took about 90 minutes before I started to feel nauseous.  And then I vomited.  I was up for another three hours clearing out my stomach before I could fall asleep.

I swore that night that I wouldn't do this to myself again, but here I am almost two months later anxiously wondering what the next few hours will bring...and hoping either way that it will all be worth it.  I hope it was a one time thing, that maybe I was extra sensitive to the hormones because I had just run a road race that evening and hadn't eaten much.... I hope. 

Well, it's done and there's nothing I can do.  According to the insert, this side effect happens only 2.5% of the time, so hopefully I paid my dues last month!  My fingers are crossed.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I hope you don't throw up. have you mentioned this to your doctor? Is there anything else they can use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. fingers crossed it doesn't bother your tummy this go around! but if it does, just pretend its helping you prepare for morning sickness. :)

    i hope you never have to take another trigger because this time, you're gonna get your BFP!

    ReplyDelete