Friday, August 24, 2012

More information!

Wow, I'm beginning to bore myself with all this IVF information and introspection, but I know it needs to be done for me to make a decision.  The nurse called me again yesterday afternoon.  Apparently after we got off the phone the other day, she sent a note to my doctor to ask if she would put together a protocol for me...and she did.  Sweet!  So now I can cancel that appointment in a couple of weeks because I have most of the information I was looking for.

So what did I find out?  She would put me on the long IVF protocol (it sounds pretty standard) with 25 days of BCPs, a hysteroscopy (boo!), 125 IU Follistim, and other details I don't recall.  She started giving me information about dosing of Lupron and Menopur, but I didn't catch all the details. 

She's going to have the insurance coordinator call me so that I can get confirmation on what my insurance covers.  I do hope that it's mostly covered so that I can continue to base my decision on my level of comfort of one treatment vs. another.

How am I feeling now?  Still leaning towards Clomid for one or two cycles.  I've pretty much closed the door on IUI with injectables, so obviously the IVF is still on the table either now, or in a few months.  I just need to look at a calendar to see if this will impact ability to immediately proceed with IVF if they fail....

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you in the decision making. The protocol that your nurse talked to you about is very similar to the protocol I was on for our fresh cycle. Crossing my fingers that you find out insurance will cover most of it. That would be wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy ICLW. Tough decisions. About trying with clomid again: Does your clinic require a clomid challenge test as part of Pre-IVF testing (sometimes common for patients over 35)? If so, the test turns into not just a diagnostic for protocol, but also a clomid cycle that *could* lead to pregnancy. Possibly a way to accomplish 2 things as once?

    ReplyDelete